Chemical accidents, leaking gas or bombs can cause dangerous explosions.
If there is an explosion, follow these procedures:
- Remain calm.
- Call 911. Give the building address, and report as much about the explosion as you can.
- Report the explosion to Property Management. Dial (301) 407-1858.
- Be prepared for possible recurring or additional explosions.
- Protect yourself from possible hazards. Wait for further instructions from the Building Management.
- If an evacuation is ordered, follow instructions precisely and go to the designated area.
- Help any injured, if possible, DO NOT MOVE seriously injured persons unless they are in obvious immediate danger from such threats as fire, etc.
- Open doors carefully. Watch for falling objects.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS.
- Do not smoke or use matches or lighters.
- Avoid using telephones other than to notify proper authorities.
- Do not spread rumors.