IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE
- Activate the fire alarm pull box.
- Call the Fire Department. Dial 911.
- Notify the Property Management of the fire location. Dial (301) 407-1858.
- Notify your Fire Warden. It is your responsibility to know who your Fire Warden is and where his or her office located.
WHAT TO DO WHEN AN ALARM SOUNDS
- Stay Calm.
- Follow the instructions given by the Fire Department and the Building Management.
- Close doors behind you but do not lock them. Feel doors before opening and do not open any that feel hot. Do not return to retrieve your papers or personal articles.
- When instructed, evacuate as directed via the building stairwells and emergency exits. All disabled occupants shall follow the building-exiting plan. It is the responsibility of your Fire Warden to report the presence and number of disabled persons to the Fire Department and/or the Building Management.
- Do not use the elevators. If you are in the elevator when an alarm sounds, do NOT push the emergency stop button. The elevator will automatically return to its base level and open.
- If smoke is present, stay low. The best air is near the floor.
- If you are outside the building during a fire, stay far enough away to avoid possible falling glass.