When someone becomes ill or injured, follow these procedures:
- Call 911 if emergency assistance is required. Give the dispatcher the building address, the location of the victim (floor and suite name/number), the nature of the emergency and a callback number.
- Notify Property Management with the same information. Call (301) 407-1858. The building engineer will meet the ambulance at the building entrance and escort paramedics to the scene.
- Do not move an individual who has fallen or who may be in pain, unless he or she is in danger of more injury.
- Avoid unnecessary conversation with or about the victim. Limit any conversation to the individual to quiet reassurance.
- After the victim has been taken care of, please remain available to help the building engineer or other management representative with pertinent information for an incident report.